The financial crisis of 2008-2012 (has it ended yet?)
was caused by greed. The greed of baby boomers.
And the gobsmacking result? Large corporations who engaged in this deception were not only NOT jailed, but were bailed out. We actually gave them more money! What message does that give the movers and shakers of our future?
By these actions are we saying greed and selfishness is okay? Surely that appears so?
"It is the responsibility of the older generation to make things better for the younger generation, and on that measure the Boomer generation has failed." Sadly, I agree.
especially Boomer women
Let’s look at two of the many reasons: Money mixed in with Pride
- Some are divorced (often traded in for a younger model) and don’t get a fair share of their ex-husband’s superannuation. And often, they have little or no super themselves.
- According to the ABS, a 60 year old single woman will have, on average, around $60,000 in her superannuation fund. That will not last long in so-called retirement.
- The gender pay gap is now 18.8%. That’s significant in terms of take home pay. And the gap was much, much more back in the day. Single women have been the working poor for decades.
- Child maintenance is now enforced. Not so in the days of young boomer motherhood. My weekly payment was $15 per each of my two children. And it was never paid.
- Finally, that 'inconvenient' Global Recession in 2007 wiped out a considerable amount of nest egg savings. That's if, as a single woman, you had any.
What if we agreed each generation has their advantages and their pain? Because they do!
Let's stop looking only in the rear-view mirror.
Because, if that's all we did , we would crash and burn.
Let's deal with what we see through the front windscreen.
What we see is the present and the way forward.
The Way Forward: I'm clueless. So many causes, wars and issues, so many! I am in overwhelm.
Rather than dive deeper into despair, what can I REALLY do to make a difference? Unless you come up with a better idea, I feel the only way to make a difference is to look to my own energy. What am I putting out there, what do others 'feel' when with me? Do they feel a darkness or a lightness?
This is not about being mindlessly positive.
This is about acknowledging your impact on your surroundings. The choice is yours. Contribute to the darkness and despair or focus on how it could be better. Decide it can be better. Then find that way.
Yes. I like that. How can it be better?
What do you think?
The Leadership Voice.com
This has morphed into a 'post of consequence'
Whatever that means :)
As I typed, the words unravelled.
If you think these words are worth sharing, please do just that.
What I love about the internet is the connectivity.
To me, the internet = people power.
And I cannot forget this : "When the people lead, the leaders will follow."
Are we sheep?
BTW, Not this little LEO. But you guessed that already.